Friday, March 5, 2010

Movies About Writers

By Josi S. Kilpack

I was pondering this week on the many movies where the plot revolves around writers and was surprised at just how many I could come up with, and yet I know there are some I've missed. So, I'm going to present my list, and I'd love for you to fill in the ones I missed.



Stranger than Fiction


The Secret Window


Misery


Romancing the Stone


Jewel of the Nile


Martian Child

Finding Neverland


Capote


Finding Forrester


The Shining



So, what did I miss?

12 comments:

T.J. said...

Alex and Emma came to mind first. Didn't see it on your list.

Susan said...

Nim's Island.

Krista said...

Sylvia (Plath)
Wonder Boys
Shadowlands
As Good as it Gets
Something's Gotta Give
Shakespeare in Love

Wow, there are a lot!

Annette Lyon said...

One of my all-time (humorous) favorites is an older one: Throw Mama from the Train.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Shadowlands was the only one I could think of...hmm...

Carolyn V. said...

How funny! Now that I write, I notice there are movied like that everywhere! =)

Carolyn V. said...

Opps, I meant movies (I need spell check on this thing). =)

Julie Wright said...

Throw mamma from the train . . . light I loved that one! Criss cross . . .

Loved Alex and Emma too

But to add to the list is Duplex

Heather Moore said...

A 2010 movie: Ghost Writer

Cindy Beck, author said...

My all time favorite is, Stranger than Fiction. It revolves around writing, rather than the writing just being a subplot.

If you haven't seen it, you really, really need to! One caution, there is a bedroom scene, so you might want to fast forward through that.

Anonymous said...

2012. My friend ali said that one was actually quite touching to her.

Travelin'Oma said...

84 Charing Cross Road is a good one. Thanks for your suggestions!