Friday, March 12, 2010

Songs About Writer's/Writing

By Josi S. Kilpack

Thanks for all the great suggestions on movies about writers last week, I was reminded of some I'd forgotten and made aware of other's I had never heard of. It got me thinking about another topic--songs about writers/writing. Here's what I came up with, please add others you know:

Unwritten by Natasha Beddingfield
Paperback Writer by The Beatles
Dancing in the Dark by Bruce Springsteen
Everyday I Write the Book by Elvis Costello
Shadow Stabbing by Cake
Lady Writer by Dire Straits
She's not Just a Pretty Face by Shania Twain (okay, that one's a stretch, but she does say Romance Novelist in it :-) 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's also "Beautiful words" by The Afters. Sure, it's also about relationships but I think about writing and books whenever I listen to it. ;)

Theresa said...

Just thought of another one. "Piano Man" by Billy Joel. Part of the lyrics: "Paul was a real estate novelist, who never had time for a wife."